10.2.11

SYDNEY ALBERTINI

Name: Sydney Albertini Age: 38
Born: Paris
Occupation: Artist
Studied: Fresco painting in Italy, Atelier de Sèvres, Parsons (I asked a favorite director at the Atelier de Sèvres if he thought I should go to Parsons or the Beaux Arts, to which he replied, “Parsons, no doubt about it — go to New York, flee, flee, flee.”)
Home base: East Hampton, N.Y.
French versus American: My mother is the American model Jamie Becker and my grandmother Sheila Becker was the face of U.S. Steel ads in the ’60s. My father is a French doctor. I grew up in Paris in the ’80s. There was a thin line between girl and boy, very androgynous style. Meanwhile, my grandmother represented American perfection with her cocktails and red lips. She was perfect glamour, the opposite of Paris.
Design memory: I would sit watching my grandmother’s wallpaper for hours, looking at the motifs, the repetitions — basically staring at the walls.
Beloved: the photographer and organic farmer husband, Jerome Albertini, and her three sons, Ace, Neo and Zed.
Special project: Working with my brother, Justin Guilbert, for the packaging of http://www.harmlessharvest.com.
Watering hole: Springs General Store, East Hampton.
Morning drink: Coffee.
Evening drink: Tisane and water or prosecco on a summer evening with friends. There’s something about the bubbles.
Favorite dish: I love to make fresh ravioli and profiteroles. The latter is always my choice for dessert after my birthday dinner.
Favorite serving ware: Mine, of course. The dishes my boys paint are my all-time favorites.
Pottery: I pick up pieces that are discarded outside ceramics studios.
Craft source: Purl in New York City. Going there makes me happy. La Droguerie, my childhood haunt every weekend until I left Paris. The Five and Dime, Sag Harbor.
Style heroine: Sonia Delaunay, because she was fearless.
Museum: The Museum of Arts and Design in New York City for its constant open-mindedness and intelligent and natural approach to art and artists. In Paris, L’Orangerie and Fondation Cartier.
Film: This is a tough one, since I love film. Woody Allen’s “Stardust Memories,” Stanley Kubrick’s “Barry Lyndon” and “Being There” with Peter Sellers. “Babette’s Feast” is my favorite food movie.
Reading material: “L’elegance du Hérisson” (“The Elegance of the Hedgehog”). My all-time favorite love story is “L’Ecume des Jours” by Boris Vian. For poetry, all Appolinaire and “The Runny Babbit” by Shel Silverstein, which really makes my boys and me laugh out loud.
Music: I am an unconditional Leonard Cohen fan, as well as Johnny Cash. I love to dance, so am a sucker for Brazilian music.
Dislikes: Fur, and people who are late all the time.
Designers: Tsumori Chisato, Junya Watanabe, Julien David and Isabelle Marant.
Shoes: I love the inventiveness of Miu Miu.
Scent: Caprifoglio from Santa Maria di Novella, but I wear it only on special occasions or in summer.
Vacation destination: I have not been on one in a while. Don’t forget — I live by the beach and getting away is just stepping outside my studio.























Se alguém se lembrou do choque de estampas do último desfile da Prada tem realmente tudo a ver... 
E para quem está indo para NY, não deixe de conferir, "Sydney Albertini: ephemere":
Free and open to the public
Venue
FIAF Gallery
22 East 60th Street
New York, NY 10022
Gallery Hours
Tue–Fri: 11am–6pm
Sat: 11am–5pm


http://www.albertinistudio.net/
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/09/the-insider-sydney-albertini/#more-137657

Um comentário :


Seguidores

Arquivo do blog